Friday, January 20, 2006

FANTASY FAERIES

Fantasy Faeries is what I am calling this painting o'mine. ::giggle:: Silly looking picture, isn't it? It is what the goofy little kid in me MADE me paint. She is so bossy.

I told you about my inner child pushing and shoving her way to the surface in a previous entry. I must admit that I have had a blast painting this. It is so far removed from the way I usually attempt to paint. The idea for it came from a children's art book, for cryin' out loud!

Needless to say, I do not consider this a painting to hang in my living room. But, I will frame it and find a little spot for it somewhere. Why? Because It depicts me and my three sisters. My eldest sister is the blue faerie, the next sister is the yellow/orange faerie, I am the red/purple one, and the youngest is green. 1, 2, 3, 4. I intentionally gave myself kind of a wicked face. ::grin::

Note how each of the faeries is connected to another one through the thin strands of paint. That represents the ties we sisters have to each other...our closeness. And we are a tremendously close family. THAT'S why this painting will be matted and framed and hung in my home.

Best thing of all? While I was working on this, I could completely forget the worries I currently have. Once I was seated at my drawing table, those upsetting thoughts perished. Yep, the little brat inside of me made sure I got a respite from stress. She needs to come around more often.

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." ~Pablo Picasso   

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I LOVE it! WOW!!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Your journal is cute...love the paintings. Glad you left a comment so I could come visit...will be back to read more....Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Yah~I want to see more of her! Good art therapy! '-) Sass

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... What a wickedly lovely and adorable grouping of loving sisters you have created here! I love it! Their expressions are truly priceless!

And you must know how fortunate you are to have those close family ties. In these days of divorce and abuse and addiction it seems that stable loving families are more and more a rarity.

I have missed reading your journal and must find time to go back and try to catch up. But the Picasso quote has said it all, so I won't apologize. The painting I have been doing lately has been even more theraputic than my journaling, and though it can't replace the fun I have had journaling and connecting with a community, right now it is filling up the empty spaces in my heart with happiness.

Thank you to your inner child for bossing you into creating this adorable painting!

XOXO
MAryanne

http://journals.aol.com/globetrotter2u/Myfeelingsarereal/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/globetrotter2u/DarkSideoftheMoon/

Anonymous said...

My Nikki..You are so very talented in so many different ways!

 Yes, when you involve yourself with something that you love doing, the problems seem to vanish in the backround....  I hope whatever might be clouding your sky, soon vanishes! warmth and Peace~~Marc :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!