Wednesday, December 6, 2006

EXTRAVAGANZA

Finally. FINALLY. I purchased the tickets in mid-September. I waited none too patiently for the show. Counting down the months, weeks, days. And it finally arrived. And it was absolutely the finest, most spectacular concert/show I have ever seen...bar none. Broadway shows have not wowed me like this concert did. The Rolling Stones concert pales in comparison. Jesus Christ Superstar runs a pretty close second, yet I am still going to have to say that Trans-Siberian Orchestra performs a show that is second to none.

It was men performing wearing tuxes with tails on stage. Women vocalists in black, slinky dresses. Nonstop fog covering the stage floor. A laser light show. A drum solo that was its own Fourth of July fireworks. Voices that were pure and hit every note. Keyboards that sang. Guitars that were electrifyingly played. A violin that was sheer magic. Flames of many colors that shot upward and then dimmed, only to flare skyward once again. A fountain of flames. It was loud. It was soft. It was shattering. It had substance. The songs had meaning. The storyteller's deep voice set the scene for each upcoming song during the show's first half. It was mesmerizing. Sensory stimulation was overwhelming and heavenly.
 
It was an extraordinary extravaganza. Never will I forget this evening. Never. And I cannot stop smiling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will have a lovely time...wishing you well, hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO jealous!  I just saw last night, via a review, that they were here this past week, and I had no idea.  I have GOT to learn to pay attention to the arts section of the paper in advance!  It sounds like a spectacular show.
http://searchthesea.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds like something that we would like!   I will have to look for it.   SO glad you had a wonderful time...you deserve lots of them!
xo,
Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2006/12/05/yuck-yuck-yucca/1326

Anonymous said...

I just recently heard some music by the TSO...  they are very good!   So happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself! :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Knowing the music of that Orchestra, I can see why you are smiling ear-to-ear. And let's not allow anything to take that smile off your face anytime soon!

I'm gonna go dig out my TSO CD!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... the joy of the Trans-Siberian concert.  My present to my sister and her husband every year for Christmas?  Yep!  Tickets!