Friday, June 16, 2006

FATHER'S DAY

                          

To all of you fathers who make every effort to ensure that your children are the recipients of your presence, guidance, and love, I salute you. And to those men who take the time to be father figures to those without a father, you have my admiration.

Have a splendid Father's Day!

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."  ~John Gregory Brown

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so lovely(as you are),that I printed it to give to dad.

Mary

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quote that is...your journal is always filled with such inspiring entries, always leaving me so very moved.  You are a very special lady :)

Anonymous said...

Love the quote- and the graphic too.
Hug, love & prayers,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

May today be filled with loving memories of your wonderful father, Nikki..

I'm still absorbing your last entry.. it was so beautiful..

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

What an entry, I had to show it to my husband because it was perfect.
I do believe his love and patience will stay with both of my girls...even though at times like now that they are teens, he feels a little left out, i tell him that they are budding flowers who will always need water from him...but that quote will help even more, and I thank you for it.
huggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg