Sunday, August 6, 2006

V IS FOR...

Ahhhh, my trip to Chicago was sheer heaven. The King Tut exhibit (no photos allowed), Stained Glass Museum, Navy Pier for the Tall Ships show, Chicago Water Works facility, Lollapalooza, churches after churches, shopping, exceptional dining. And there were so many other activities and events I wish we had had time to see. If I have any regrets at all, it is that we were unable to stay longer. We tried to conjure up ways son and hubby could take off work for a few more days, but it was not to be. I think I will be returning right after Thanksgiving, sans kids, so I will get another dose of Chicago then.

Of all the cities I have visited here in the United States, Chicago remains the one that has seemingly permanently captured my heart. Oh, how I love it there.

"This is my kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of people too
People who smile at you"

~My Kind Of Town by Frank Sinatra

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT slide show!  I can;t believe I've never been to the stained glass museum.
http://searchthesea.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

WOW! Makes me want to go there myself Nikki!
So happy you had a great time...Miss you
hugggggggggggggggggg

Anonymous said...

Super!  How do you do a slide show in your journal??

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2006/08/06/magic-mountain/1250

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time! :)  I've never been to Chicago, but would certainly love to visit it sometime!  I always picture it to be like a mini NY or LA!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

 I just read your comments about the 16-yr-old boy who didn't want another round of chemo for his Hodgkins.  I'm sorry, but I must disagree with your stating that his wishes should be obeyed.  A very recent "survivor" of a deadly form of Hodgkins, I am almost 3 times the youngster's age and was given the strongest, most toxic chemo cocktail known to man, I would never consider that this treatment be discarded because it can be uncomfortable/ painful/unpleasant.  If I have to go through it again (there's no guarantee that my cancer will not return) I wouldn't hesitate for an instant!
 ~ Alexa ~

Anonymous said...

Alexa, while I can certainly understand and appreciate your point of view and your personal experience, I cannot condone the government stepping in and FORCING chemotherapy on a 16-year-old. Each person's body and mind are uniquely different and what one person can tolerate, another may not. It is courageous to go through chemo sessions, but it is equally courageous to seek alternative treatment or none at all if that is what the individual wants to do. Freedom of choice.

Nikki