Sunday, January 21, 2007

COLOR MY WORLD

The other nite someone asked me to name my favorite color. My response was that I like all colors and do not have a favorite. That was laughingly called a "bullsh*t answer." And yet, it is true. I do like every single color. They all have a place where they look radiant.

We went back and forth a bit about it. He said life is about choices. Choosing. He is quite correct. It was suggested that I could have replied, "I choose not to choose a favorite color." Okay. But had I said that, it would have given him no real insight into me and the way I think, would it? I believe he asked the question to learn more about me. And learn he did! 
 
His question was a difficult one. It was not a simple one to answer like when I am returning a wedding reception RSVP and have to choose whether or not I want my dinner to be beef, chicken, fish, or vegetarian.
 
We are talking COLORS. There are endless colors, and I am to select one as my absolute favorite? Impossible. You see, had he asked what was my favorite color for a car, color to wear, color for a house, hair color, etc., I would have had a chance to be specific.
 
In retrospect, he wanted a black and white answer to a question that resides in a world of gray...and blue...and red...and purple...and yellow...and green...and pink...and orange...and gold...and...
 
"Color is my day-long obsession, joy, and torment." ~Claude Monet

Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy....did he gave you some thought-provoking questions..hmn..now you got me into it too.

Analysis of what really IS our favorite color---darn..you're good!
LOL....
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

LOL, this would have been time for a "Stupid" answer. If pressed like that, I would have said...
"Well for shirts I like white, pants I like blue, socks I like white, cars I like black, my bathroom I like beige..." There's as many answers as there are colors, and you could go all night :)


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

My favorite color is gray.  You see, I live in a world where things are black and white.  I treasure the gray moments when I get to choose.

Greg

Anonymous said...

OH I feel the same way.  And I LOVE Monet!  I have a link in my journal for my favorite art works if you'd care to take a peak.  Peace.

Anonymous said...

FibFatigue? I tried to respond to your email, but your mail is closed. The answer to your question is yes, you may. (And thank you!) I, though, do not have the link to your journal and would love to have it. Please email it to me or post it here. ::smile::