Monday, May 28, 2007

PREMONITION

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Whether or not people think premonitions are a bunch of hooey makes no difference to me. I know...KNOW...they are not. I have had enough of them to be able to discern the difference between a seemingly random coincidence and a strong premonition.

Sometimes I am not as sure that coincidences are coincidences at all, but instead milder, kinder, softer premonitions. But, that is not the subject of this entry. Premonitions are.
 
I get them. And when I do, my stomach churns from the lightning-swift warning. I get an almost violent and overwhelming surge of anxiety. I have been known to jump to my feet from a sitting position when a premonition strikes. My brain races to process the information the premonition has imparted. It all happens within but a few seconds.
 
Then I am left to determine what I should do about the forewarning I have been given. I COULD ignore it. Ah, but I have learned not to do that. Why? Because they are almost always correct. In some cases with immediate action on my part, I have been able to prevent the "bad" thing from playing out in its grim entirety. I stopped it in its tracks. I could give many examples that just might knock off your socks, but I am not trying to convince anyone to believe as I do. I am simply explaining me...and this peculiar trait of mine.
 
I have to admit that it stuns me when I see just how accurate the forewarning was. I have cried when all was said and done. Cried from relief that the scenario was altered to conclude with a more positive ending.
 
Not all of the premonitions that I have require action. Or maybe not instant action. They still deliver a tremendous wallop or a sensation of being physically ill, however.
 
There is one that has plagued me since December of last year. It has never left me. And it is growing stronger and stronger. I have done all I can to ensure that it does not come to pass, and I will continue to do so. Unfortunately, it is one that limits just how much I can do. I seek new avenues to circumvent its path, and maybe I have made some headway. I just have not been able to stop it. All indications are that it is proceeding, perhaps at a slower pace, but still moving. 
 
The worst part? I already know it cannot be stopped. I feel it. It hovers. It gets pushed back a step or two, then it takes a leap forward...making up its lost ground. It will happen. Nothing will stop it.
 
And I hate it. I hate that I know it is there. Lurking. Damaging. Winning.
 
"Have you ever held something beautiful and know that it will eventually die?" ~The Blind Man by The God Machine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Have you ever held something beautiful and know that it will eventually die?"

I have indeed...  And that knowledge cuts a little deeper, each and every day.

Anonymous said...

I am, and  do..and it HURTS!
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

OMG I have them too and they are so hard.  I can't say I hate them and yet I don't love them either.  I am so sorry.  Hugs to you!

Terra

Anonymous said...

Nikki ... I lack the words to get across what it is I'm trying to say.  I don't have premonitions the way you do ... rather I get 'feelings of dread' that niggle at me for however long it takes me to process what I'm feeling.  But I cannot say with any honesty that this is a regular, recurring event in my life.  It's not.  

Prayers your way that your premonition is blocked or the course of events changed for the better.

Anonymous said...

hey i know too have you heard of that big moder cycle accident ..well i knew about it b4 it happened....and when i heard about it i fell down crying...i onley told my 1 friend ..PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME HOW TO DEAL