Sunday, September 28, 2008

HAS IT BEEN THAAAAT LONG?

Such a very long time since this journal has gone without any updates. Seems a shame considering once upon a time I regularly wrote in it. It was a diary of sorts, and I have neglected it.
 
I sold this painting I recently completed. I was happy, but it was difficult for me to let go of, because it is one I truly liked. I do not say that often about any of my paintings. However, I felt a wee bit proud that someone liked it enough to purchase it. ::smile::

Photobucket

"MEDITATION"~oil

 
After that one was finished, I did this very small 5" x 7" painting of flowers. I think I have an addiction to florals.

"LA FLEUR ORANGE"~oil

At the request of my niece, I am currently working on an oil portrait of her and her dog. She wants me to give it to her as a Christmas gift, and I am nearly done with it. It has been challenging, to say the least.
 
I have found some of the most spectacular poets online. In my spare time, I read their poetry, and I am totally in awe of their gift with words. I even bought two poets' books. They are THAT good.
 
I piddle around writing some of my own poems. But, none compare to the brilliant poems that are online. I will close this entry with two of my own meager attempts to express my thoughts via poetry.
 
One day soon I hope to catch up on my reading of blogs here on AOL. And I will!
 

 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki!  So glad to see your update, art work and poetry!  It's been quiet in the neighborhood and you, like others, are missed.  I particularly like your 'flower' poem.  Speaks volumes.

Anonymous said...

I was WONDERING if you'd be back...it's been so very long.   Good to see you, Pea.

xo,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

It has been a long time since you last posted.  I think I remember that painting from a couple of years ago.  It is a great piece, and you should be proud of it.  I can see why it sold.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Greg. It is not an older painting, however. I just completed it in August. I cannot recall any other painting I have done that resembles this one, either. Maybe it is just my love of figurative work and use of oodles of colors that makes you think you have previously seen it!

I hope to visit your page very soon. I want to see what your camera has been up to!

Hug~
Nikki

Anonymous said...

welcome back and your journal is one i will trully hate to see vanish into aol infinity...i think of you often and wish you well....c

Anonymous said...

yes - it has been thaaaat long - and you have truly been missed!  So glad you are back - I will always be dazzled by your work.

luv&peace
janet

V said...

Hugs,
V