Monday, April 17, 2006

PEEKS

                                    

I promised peeks of my bedroom and bathroom that I have recently redecorated. I can honor part of that promise right now. I slipped in an additional color, by the way. When it was only gold and blue, it looked unfinished to me. I decided on maroon as the third color, and I am pleased with the choice. I still have more things I need to do with the room, but the bulk of what I had wanted to accomplish is done.

There are no photographs of the bathroom...yet. Up came the new rugs and down came the new towels when an area of drywall needed patched. (That is a story in and of itself!) No way was I going to let white dust settle on them. Plus, there are a few cracks in the grout around the tile in the shower that must be repaired. Until those two jobs are finished, I am going to withhold putting out anything pretty in there.
 
Hubby arrived home from his fishing trip, and I had not told him I was pulling a decorating surprise on him. In fact, when he would call, I would tell him I was just kicking back and relaxing. He was home for maybe five minutes when I lured him upstairs to take a bath with me. (Hey! I had been without a man for SIX days!) He opened the bedroom door, stepped just inside, and his eyes flew wide open...as did his mouth. He looooved the new look. Yay!
 
                     
 
And Easter Day was quite perfect in all respects. Count me as one individual who feels blessed. ::smile::
 
"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol     

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely room!   I could use a change myself....
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful room!!  Thanks for sharing!  :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((N))))))))))))))  Gorgeous ya lil hottie!  LOVE the blind effect in the graphic.  So clever.  Glad your Easter was blessing filled.  Smooches hon. ;)  c.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous!  You have a real eye for color and texture.
http://searchthesea.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love it, what are the pictures above the bed?

Anonymous said...

Redpoppy? Those pictures depict the four seasons. The painted areas are carved wood. I love the three-dimensional aspect of them. My father bought them during a trip to Thailand.

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful!!  You have a wonderful eye for decorating.  I have a lot of pillows on our bed also, and my hubby complains when we take them off each night! (ha)  I tell him to hush, I'm the one who makes the bed!!!!

~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

This tableau brings one word to mind:  WARMTH.  Cathy