Friday, December 28, 2007

2008

Photobucket

The calendar is new.

Devoid of handwriting.
Fresh, clean pages.
None marked by ink.
Unsullied days and numbers.
 
But is it really spotless?
 
The what was exists.
It cannot just disappear.
Dates sparking memories.
A part of me claimed.
Life's events entwined within.
 
Would I want them to vanish?
 
Amidst the angst lives joy.
Laughter dwells with tears.
Hope struggles with despair.
Love defies aversion.
Illness tries to pierce wellness.
 
Do they not help define me?
 
I am the why.
The how.
The because.
The who.
The what is.
 
The will be to come from the newness.

 

*~Nikki/Bedazzled~*

 
 
 
Tags: ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful and insightful. We really can't change anything in the past. The future gives us two choices: move forward and improve, or hold on to the past and relive our mistakes.
It is all about newness. I hope you have a great year lush with fulfilled promise!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting way to place all of 'it' in perspective.  Loved it.  

Anonymous said...

I just love this entry, love the imagery it places within my mind, the questions it causes me to ask myself. I especiallly loved "Fresh, clean pages. None marked by ink. Unullied days and numbers." It put into my mind a newborn entering the world, his little mind an empty slate, a calendar page as yet unmarked.
I've missed coming here; somehow lost your journal. I was so happy to have found it again. Happy New Year!
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I wish my 2008 calendar was devoid of handwriting.  Seems things are already getting busy for the first couple of months of the new year.

I wish you a wonderful new year!

Greg

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Happier, Productive, Prosperous and all the Blessings for the New Year!
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/12/31/2007--a-year-in-review--/1769

Anonymous said...

Wow Nikki, this was really insightful!  I read it 3 times, and esp like the imagery of duality.  "Amidst the angst lives joy" it just got to me.  Thanks for sharing it, and please write more?  Very deep stuff!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

Knock knock...may I come in? ;)...((((Niki))))...hope you've been well. ;)  C.