Friday, November 4, 2005

THE LITTLE THINGS

         

Patience is not a virtue of mine. I want information yesterday, to learn how to do things the first time I try them, and for bad things to go away right now. These are not always possible or realistic desires. On the plus side, I AM persistent. Therefore, I am usually able to ultimately get the information I need, learn what I want, and cope with the bad things that refuse to leave.

Lately, in between working on my paintings, I have been fiddling with my Paint Shop Pro. That is the program almost everyone uses to make gorgeous tags and graphics. Trying to understand its operation was akin to me reading hieroglyphics. I would get so frustrated and walk away from it. But, I hate to give up. When time allowed, I would park myself here and try again. Well, voilà! I have learned how to do several new things. They might not be the BEST looking yet, but previously I could not do them at all. ::patting myself on the back::

I get so excited when I am able to perform the needed steps to create something. I have learned how to make water reflection ripples, add sparkles to pictures, animate certain graphics, etc. A small deal in the grand scheme of life, but one that leaves me with a big ol' smile on my face.

I have to say, the little things in life really do string together to make our lives complete. They may not be the stuff that on our death beds we recall, but they surely added a needed lift to our days here and there during the time we lived. I am grateful for all things...both big and small. ::smile::

Have a grand weekend!

"Never neglect the little things. Never skimp on that extra effort, that additional few minutes, that soft word of praise or thanks, that delivery of the very best that you can do. It does not matter what others think, it is of prime importance, however, what you think about you. You can never do your best, which should always be your trademark, if you are cutting corners and shirking responsibilities. You are special. Act it. Never neglect the little things." ~Og Mandino  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was told about your Journal by Maryanne, formerly of J-Land and currently on break, which I'm going to have to get used to I guess.  She was right, as usual.  I'm glad she pointed me your way.  I've been busy so it has taken a few days to get here but all good things etc.

I think I know what you mean about the Images and Programs, I wrestle with Photoshop and have concluded that it is way smarter than I'll ever be.  But the accidental discoveries are worth the angst!

Robert

Anonymous said...

Having been the beneficiary of many of your efforts, I can readily attest to your ability to master yet another form of creative expresion - and with noteworthy results.  But regardless the level of technical competency you have achieved and will yet achieve, it is the quality of your eye and of the creative spirit which lies within you that never ceases to impress.

You continue to see and then enhance aspects of my photos which I have missed or minimized - and it is always as if I see them for the first time when I view the results of your craft.  I know how much time and effort you put into the work you so freely share - I want you only to know that it is sincerely appreciated and admired by not only the recipients but by all who are privileged to view the results.  Most exciting of all is to know that you have only begun to scratch the surface - and I for one look eagerly forward to your future creations!

Rob

Anonymous said...

I have had to fight the urge to try out Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro for some time now.  I truly fear I would never leave my computer again.  Sigh.  Now I wanna play!  It sounds like fun.

~Kris

Anonymous said...

I just used Cat Stevens lyrics to title a few of my entries, just a week ago.  LOL!

I love Cat Stevens.

So what are you saying?  You have no patience. LOL!

Anonymous said...


An artist, too? [:\]

Every other journal, has virtually disappeared... [:P]

~Love always, Brian @---->---

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/tracks/