Wednesday, October 26, 2005

BODIES

         

I think my husband is shrinking. People do tend to do that as they get older. Problem is he is not of an age when it should be happening. When we attended the wedding on Saturday, I had on high heels, which put me at 5' 11". I could have sworn I was taller than him. I felt like I was looking down to make eye contact with him. Several people there assured me he was definitely taller than me. Okay, I took their word for it.

But I still think he is getting littler. He has been on a fitness kick for quite a long time now. He works out religiously and regularly. The man leaves the house at around 5:30 a.m. to go to a jazzercise class. I call it compression class. I think it is compressing his body until soon he will be so small that traveling inside my purse will be an option for him. He never seemed to be shorter until he started taking that class.

His buddy was taking it with him until he hurt his hip. Now it is hubby and a bunch of women bouncing and kicking. I feel sure the women fuss all over him. Just as I feel certain he loves the attention he receives. He gave the instructor a Christmas present last year. ::chuckle:: She was so pleased. Uh huh, I bet she was.

I tease him a lot about that class. I wouldn't dare tell him I think it is darling the women enjoy having him there. I like him thinking that perhaps I am a wee bit jealous of his dwindling body being surrounded by women who are toned and wearing tight garments. He has suggested I take the class WITH him. That will not be happening. I am not in a mood to do any dancing except the horizontal tango at that hour of the morning.

He has always had a terrific bottom. Back when we were dating, I told him what a fine rear end he had. He seemed surprised. Through all the years of our marriage, it has remained perfect. It is firming up even more due to compression class. His legs are another story. I was in LOVE with his legs from the first time I saw them. They had the perfect shape. Excellent toned legs. Oooo, I liked looking at them and touching them. Now, I call him Stick Legs. Yep, they are getting thinner since he embarked on this exercise regime. He does not see it, but I do. They are still nicely shaped. They are most certainly muscular. They are just getting skinny, and I want that to stop!

He also runs. Not every single day. More on occasion. He lifts weights, too. The guy is in good shape. I have to say I am not so bad myself. I do not have any problems with my weight, and I think my body is well-proportioned with nice features. But if hubby keeps on wasting away, we are going to look like one of those couples you see at the fair. You know the ones. The husband weighs 12 lbs., and the wife looks massive in comparison. Egads. Then we will have to wear t-shirts that read, "I'm His" and "I'm Hers"..........

"To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." ~Buddha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope it's just his height that shrinks!
But really, I wish my hubby would try to get into shape. I looked at some pics of him when we first got married and he was so hot! Though, I'm just not sure I'd want him in a class with chicks in tight lycra.
Hmmmm... wait a minute.... we live in Geriatric Country....so guess it's ok:)
Speaking of tantric, Gabreal did a fantastic entry on tantric...you know... kissing....
I've gotta find that link and send it to you;)
Maryanne
http://journals.aol.com/globetrotter2u/Myfeelingsarereal/